The market stats are in for April and we can see that it’s a hot time to sell your house for top dollar.
Looking to buy a home? Click here for a full home search.
Looking to sell your home? Click here to use our free home evaluation tool.
The market numbers from April are in, and by comparing last year’s April stats to this year’s, we saw an overall increase in sales and home values. This also speaks to why we have a decreased inventory of homes in our market.
There were 560 home sales in north Alabama, a 5% increase in sales from the same period last year. The average sales price also increased 7% up to just over $214,000. The average list price for Huntsville and Madison County homes went up by about 7% to about $219,000.
The average number of days it takes to sell a house decreased by 2%, down to an average of 94 days on the market. Right now, our area has less than four months of available inventory, which means we’re still in a seller’s market. There are a lot more buyers out there looking to buy a home than we have homes for sale.
I can’t stress enough that now is the time to sell. You can see a more detailed breakdown of the market’s numbers below.
If you or anyone you know is thinking about selling your house, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I’d be glad to help.
This Week’s Closings:
- Mr. Marcus R. Andrews
- Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Marsh
- Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Elliott
- Mr. John Taylor
- Mr. and Mrs. Larry Feltmeyer
- Mr. and Mrs. Benjamen Cordray
- Mr. and Mrs. Timothy Berry
- Mr. and Mrs. Donald Cox
- Mr. and Mrs. David Murray
- Mr. Marvin Johnson
- Mr. Spencer Harrison
- Ms. Michelle McCarroll
- Ms. Sharla Goins
- Mr. and Mrs. Alan Nalley
- Mr. and Mrs. James Musgrove
- Ms. Patricia Hill
- Mr. Kyle Winkleman
- Mr. Paul Cheremisinoff
- Ms. Patty Owens
- Mr. and Mrs. Henry McCrary, Jr.
- Ms. Shara L. Ford
- Rachel Brown Homes, LLC
- Mr. Bobby Rhue
- Mr. Emmett McCutchin
- Ms. Judith Jones
- Ms. Doris Benton
- Mr. and Mrs. Jessie Hunter
- Mr. and Mrs. Paul Treece
- Mr. and Mrs. James Faulkner
- Mr. and Mrs. Keith Boles
- Mr. and Mrs. David Phillips
- Ms. Jessica Bibb Crocker
- Mr. and Mrs. Donald Riggs
- Mr. Matt Boehme
- Ms. Kelli Pelich
- Mr. Eric Demastus
Hot New Listings For Sale:
- 2718 Limestone Drive $364,900
- Limestone/Morgan County
- 425 Skyview Drive $110,000
- 18947 Knollwood Circle $469,999
- 25176 Castlebury Drive $285,000
- 185 Ashwood Drive $419,900
- 506 Gordon Drive $189,000
- 46 Treeline Private Drive $199,000
- Madison County
- 2025 Joe Quick Road $150,000
- 11023 NW Vivian Drive $179,000
- 3903 NW Gardenside Drive $115,000
- 105 Peabody Road $134,900
- 1909 Bobo Section Road $135,000
- 334 Sunnyslope Trail $289,900
- 107 Spring Meadow Drive SW $358,000
- 7010 Eagle Park Circle $279,900
- 299 Songbird Circle $135,800
- 159 Lake Pointe Circle $669,000
One Response to “What the April Numbers Say About the North Alabama Real Estate Market”
Everyone should grab this opportunity since every year is different that the others. The market in North Alabama is not always hot at this time of the year, so anybody out there planning to sell their house should just go for it. Do not waste this rare opportunity.