It’s everyone’s favorite spooky time of year, which means there will be plenty to do in Huntsville to celebrate Halloween. Check it out!
At our office, Halloween has long been one of our favorite holidays to celebrate together. Of the events we’ve put on for the season, one of my favorites has been our annual Witch’s Ride, which supports Blount Hospitality House. You haven’t seen anything until you’ve seen a parade of grown women dressed as witches cruising through Blossomwood on bicycles and throwing out candy to spectators.
While some enjoy the spooky ghosts and ghouls, others love family-friendly pumpkin patches and hot apple cider. No matter your preferences, there are always fun places to go and festive things to do for Halloween in Huntsville.
Here’s a list of our favorite local events, including the Huntsville Ghost Walk and Drive-In Fright Flicks at Low Mill!
- Maple Hill Cemetery Stroll – Sunday, October 21, 2018 from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM. The Stroll is a free event for all ages that features over 75 costumed characters, traditional music, specialized exhibits, and student scavenger hunts. For more information visit: http://www.huntsvillepilgrimage.org/cemetery_stroll.html
- Huntsville Ghost Walk – Every Friday in October, three ghost walks and one trolley tour, all at 6 PM. Every Saturday, three ghost walks and one trolley tour at 6 PM, plus another ghost walk at 8:30 PM. All tours leave from Harrison Brothers Hardware. For more information on tours and tickets visit: https://www.huntsvilleghostwalk.com/index.html
- The Great Pumpkin Carve – Saturday, October 27, 2018, from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Lowe Mill Arts & Entertainment. Carvers will compete in six different categories for the chance to win an array of prizes. Entry fee is $5 per person. From more information visit: http://www.lowemill.net/event/15840/?instance_id=153250
- EarlyWorks Halloween Bash – Friday, October 26, 2018, from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Put on your best costume and head to EarlyWorks Museum for an evening of games, crafts, and safe trick or treating. For more information and early bird tickets visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-earlyworks-halloween-bash-tickets-50270721080
- Drive in on The Dock Halloween Fright Flicks – Saturday, October 27, 2018 from 7:00 PM to 11:45 PM. Halloween Fright Flicks will be a triple feature cary picture show featured on several screens across the Lowe Mill property. Sit on the lawn and get spooky or park your ride to watch! $10 for parking. For more information visit: http://www.lowemill.net/event/drive-in-on-the-dock-halloween-fright-flicks/?instance_id=157110
- Blossomwood Witches Ride Benefitting Blount Hospitality House – Sunday, October 28th at 4:30 PM Presented by Progress Bank The Blossomwood Witches Ride (BWR) is a fun bike ride through the neighborhood of Blossomwood. Women dress up as witches, ride their brooms (bikes) and throw candy to the little monsters (kids) along the posted route. ALL children are welcome to come out and enjoy the free candy. Children are asked to be accompanied by an adult to safely walk on the sidewalks while the witches fly by. For more information visit: www.blossomwoodwitchesride.com
If you or someone you know is interested in buying or selling a home, even if you think it’s a home with a few ghosts in the attic, give my team a call or visit our website.
Hot New Listings for sale in these areas!