Today, I want to go over a few points comparing the For Sale By Owner experience to listing with an agent. According to the National Association of Realtors, the average FSBO home sells for $210,000, while the average home sold with an agent goes for $249,000. That’s a 20% increase when you work with a professional to sell your home.
Our team has worked with several homeowners who have attempted to sell their property on their own before reaching out to us. Most of these homeowners thought that selling by themselves would save them money. However, that is a huge misconception. You will actually net more money by listings with us. There are a few reasons why.
1. The home will receive more exposure when you work with an agent. We cover all of the advertising costs and come up with a strategic marketing plan so you don’t have to. Aside from the MLS, we utilize countless resources to show off your property, including our buyer-friendly website, target marketing, and social media outlets. We increase your home’s exposure in order to find you the perfect buyer.
When you list on your own, not only do you have to pay for marketing expenses, you are also still paying your mortgage and other home expenses. We all know that time is money. We have saved our clients thousands of dollars by marketing their home and selling it quicker than they could have on their own.
2. We protect you from bargain hunters.
There are people out there who look for For Sale By Owner properties in hope of getting a better deal. Buyers know that FSBO owners don’t have to pay a 6% agent commission, which causes them to make offers that are at least 15% below the home’s value. They want to get the best price they can for themselves.
Our listing agents are hired to represent you. They will stand strong and ensure that you get the best value for your home.
3. We make sure you only work with qualified buyers.
As a rule in our office, our buyer specialist ensures that their buyers are qualified. If you list with us, we will verify that prospective buyers have been pre-approved for a mortgage, or have proof of funds if they plan to pay cash. Unqualified buyers prey on FSBO properties, as the owner usually does not know how to determine whether they are qualified.
4. We have top negotiation skills.
Our agents specialize in negotiating for you. We know the many components of the transaction. If you list on your own, you may not know how to navigate offers and counter offers. We will help you figure out what is fair for your home and protect your best interests.
If you have any questions about today’s video, give us a call or send us an email. We would be happy to help you!
This Week’s Closings, Congratulations!
- Mr. and Mrs. Benny Terry
- Mr. Austin Pifher
- Ms. Madalyn McMinn
- Ms. Teri L. Carlisle
- Mr. and Mrs. Casey Martin
- Ms. Sherry Hobbs
- Mr. Dwight B. Clark
- Ms. Linda J. Clark
- Mr. Terry Wright
- Mr. and Mrs. Tim Wimberley
- Ms. Ashlyn Hatfield
- Ms. Evangeline Carpenter
- Mr. William Brandon
- Mr. and Mrs. Robin Harper
- Ms. Lisa Wright-Teats
- Mr. and Mrs. Charles Tribble
- Mr. and Mrs. Jeffrey Stifflemire