Finding and purchasing a home that will meet your needs is a significant and sometimes stressful time. Our goal at Amanda Howard Sotheby’s International Realty is to make this transition as smooth as possible.
Because Huntsville is such a growing and vibrant place to live, we are experiencing a hot market that just doesn’t seem to stop. So in order for you to ‘ace the test’ on your home buying experience, let’s go back to school for a few home buyer basics.
- Be sure to have an experienced Realtor® to work with who will be honest with you, is savvy with negotiations, and can help you navigate the process. He or she will counsel you through every step of your home purchase, inspiring confidence along the way.
- If you are not a cash buyer, your next stop should be with a lender. Whether you bank online or with a brick and mortar bank, we recommend you talk to someone local, we always recommend getting a few different mortgage rate quotes. Click over to our blog for a recent video on choosing the right lender for more information.
- Meet with your Realtor® for a buyer consultation to go over the process, talk about your wants and needs and to get information on neighborhoods, amenities, and to narrow down your search parameters. Then take your search online. Take advantage of virtual tours, 3D images, aerial maps and more to research a home before you make an appointment to tour.
- However, once you find a home that could be ‘the one’ — move as quickly as possible. In our current market, homes are moving fast, and even waiting a few days could cause you to miss out.
- When it’s time to make an offer, work with your Realtor® to prepare a strong, clean offer. If you already know that the home is going to be in hot demand, do your best to leave off contingencies or complications. Your realtor can help you determine if there may be room for negotiation.
- And the negotiations don’t end with the asking price. Remember that buyers and sellers (and their realtors) will be working together through the inspection and closing processes so do your best to ‘play nice’ while still ensuring that your best interests are being protected.
On ‘graduation day,’ when you receive the keys to your new home, congratulate yourself on a job well done!
At Amanda Howard Sotheby’s International Realty, our agents bring expertise to the table and are eager to help you find your dream home. Working with our team will make the home buying process much more efficient. Contact us today to get started by calling us at 256-799-9000 or visiting amandahoward.com.