Here are nine tips that will help you single out an agent who is the best fit to help you sell your home.
Choosing an agent to help you sell your home can be a daunting task—but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some pro tips to help you navigate your way through the interview process.
1. Treat appointments with agents like a job interview. For the agent, that’s what it is. You want to be sure that the agent is the best fit to represent your home in the same way that we want to be sure that the home is the right fit for the company. If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask them during the initial meeting. This will help us get a clearer idea of your expectations.
2. Keep in mind that this person will be working for you. Does the agent you’re meeting with communicate well? Do they present bottom-line facts and numbers in a way that you can understand? Do you feel that they will look out for your best interests? Do they genuinely care about you and your home?
3. Talk to your friends. If they’ve sold property with a particular agent, ask them about their experiences. You can also look at online reviews on sites like Google, Facebook, Zillow, and Yelp to see what other clients have to say about their agents. Our company has helped thousands of clients and we maintain a five-star online review rating. Plus, we’re happy to provide testimonials that we received which aren’t even online, though we do have plenty of written and video testimonials available for review on www.AmandaHoward.com.
4. Go to open houses. Observe how that company’s buyer agent interacts with other people. After all, a great company trains great agents.
5. Meet with the agent in their office. This allows you to see how organized they are, what kind of environment they work in, and whether that’s conducive to being able to do a good job for you. Look for a friendly and professional office with a team of people there to help you move seamlessly from one phase of the sale process to the next.
6. Understand the benefits of working with a team. A team of professionals should communicate with you every step of the way. This way, there’s more time and energy to meet your needs as compared to a single agent who’s juggling everything at once. There’s a long to-do list for selling your home which can be done quicker and more efficiently when there’s an expert for every piece of the puzzle.
7. Ensure technology and marketing are at the forefront. Statistics show that a majority of buyers start their search online before they even get into a car. In our local marketplace, many clients are buying from across the country during job relocations, so ask the agent how they market their homes to entice those types of buyers.
8. Ask about information security. Considering the extremely important private information involved in a transaction, you want to work with a team who handles those kinds of documents with extreme care. You want an agent with a proven record of keeping confidential records from being hacked.
9. Ask about their company values. How do they put those to work for you and the community?
If you’re looking to interview an agent to help you sell your home, keep us in mind and feel free to reach out to us. We can show you all the ways in which we are able to help you achieve your goals.