Sleigh bells are ringing because it’s Christmas in July! Before the real holidays are upon us, there are five easy tips you can follow to prepare ahead of time.
It’s that time of year again. Hallmark’s holiday movies are on repeat, the summer heat is making us dream of crisp fall weather, and our bank accounts are finally feeling refreshed from last year.
That’s right: It’s Christmas in July! With less than five months to go until we hear the sleigh bells ringing, I wanted to share with you five easy tips to start prepping for the holiday season before the summer heat is behind us. So turn on your favorite holiday movie and enjoy reading these stress-saving tips for the holiday season below!
1. Start saving. Setting aside $50 a month from now until December will make a big difference when the clock is ticking to get gifts for family and friends. Consider taking out $50 of cash a month and placing it in a festive envelope. The physical act of saving will help keep yourself accountable and prepare you for holiday spending.
2. Consider buying your must-have decorations now. We’ve all had a time or two when we’ve gazed at a neighbor’s decorations with envy. If there are a few must-have items on your list for holiday decorating, consider purchasing now while they’re free from seasonal markup. Sites like Amazon, HSN, Kirklands and QVC run sales on holiday decorations in July so you can snag your favorite items for less!
3. Purge your attic. Just like we have our favorite decorations, many of us are guilty of keeping decorations we no longer want. When the holiday season rolls around, we are much too busy to get our decorations up in time, let alone go through and organize everything. While you have a little extra room in your schedule this summer, consider going through your holiday decorations and donating what you know you’ll no longer use.
4. Start testing your recipes. One of the best parts of the holiday season is holiday treats! This summer, consider testing the recipes you want to perfect before December hits. There’s nothing worse than practicing a recipe when you’re short on time. Save yourself the stress and start testing now. Pass out your creations to neighbors and co-workers and you’ll surely become a fan favorite!
5. Schedule your Christmas card photos. It’s never too early to be prepared! By contacting your favorite photographer now, you can grab an appointment for the perfect Christmas card shot before prices increase. Schedule for winter—or, better yet, schedule now and capture the tan and the summer smiles you’ll be missing come December!
If you have any other questions or would like more information, please feel free to give us a call, send us an email, or visit our website. We look forward to hearing from you soon.