Relocating to Alabama? 16 Tips to Make it Easier!
Moving is a lot of work, but good organization can make the experience a lot less stressful. Follow these helpful tips for a successful move and relocation to Alabama.
– Host a garage sale or yard sale. This will help you get rid of stuff you don’t want or need anymore. If you don’t have the time to have a sale, consider donating the items to the Goodwill or somewhere similar.
– Use strong materials like sturdy boxes that are reinforced and if you’re packing fragile items, do it with care.
– Obtain and use bubble wrap or other packing material as a buffer to offer more security.
– Getting free boxes? If you get them from a supermarket or liquor store, remember that they’re not reinforced.
–Mark fragile boxes so that movers or anyone helping you move can identify them quickly and easily. If a fragile item is of high value, insure it.
– Pack dishes vertically instead of flat and stacked.
–Pack heavy items in small boxes. Learn more about boxes here
–Create an Essentials Box. This will be the box you pack last and open first at the new place. It should contain the things you need to get by for a few days.
–Read all moving documents BEFORE signing. If you don’t understand something, ask about it.
– Note your shipment’s registration number and keep your Bill of Loading handy.
– Keep important documents such as medical records, school records and financial records as well as medications WITH YOU during the move. This is for safety and convenience.